Friday, December 14, 2007

Tis the Season.....

I was driving in to work this morning and listening to my "Charlie Brown Christmas" CD and it really mellows me out. I always have a Christmas panic attack - ever had one of those? When you realize that Christmas is only a week or so away and you don't have your cards done, the shopping isn't finished, need money to finish the shopping, gifts to ship that haven't been bought yet, cookies that you would love to bake, laundry to do (so you have something to wear on Christmas), the house to clean and finish decorating and plan food for when everyone comes over for the holidays! Oh yeah - nothing is wrapped yet either!

But you know what? If I had to have Christmas right now - this very minute - it would be ok! I have more food in my freezer, fridg, and cupboards right now than my family could eat in a week! I have some presents bought so the little ones would be taken care of. I have a home where we could all come and enjoy being together, play games, eat, and have a good day. We are all relatively happy and healthy- some of us are definitly more energetic than others. And I have the stuff to make a birthday cake. A birthday cake to celebrate the birth of my Lord and that's what it is all about. When I think of one thing that I really want to do on Christmas - it is to go to my cozy little church on Christmas Eve and sit with my family and hold a candle and celebrate the birth of Jesus.

Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

The Sassy Orange said...

Chuck, chuck, bo-buck, banana-fana...girls!!!

Chuck, when are you going to update the blog?

Love, Lawgirl