Monday, December 31, 2007

Year End

Well... Christmas was a mixtures of things. It was a good day spent with family. The kids are so much fun. J. was is the play at church and he was so funny! S. came to church and sang in the choir on Christmas Eve with J. and that was special. I had a small meltdown on Xmas Eve in church because it hit me that I really missed my mom. I felt sad and lonely but joyous all at the same time! J's sister had back surgery on Xmas Eve morning and so we visited her on Xmas Day and she is doing fine. We also were robbed on Sunday night! We were at church watching J. play a "robber" in the Xmas play (he was trying to steal the manger scene) and we were being robbed! The worst part is that I think it is someone that we know - they seemed to know right where to go and they just took specific things. All of the Xmas presents were wrapped and under the tree but not touched. Anyway - I figured that whoever did it has to live with what he did. It certainly didn't ruin my life. Honked me off - but didn't stop me!

The new year starts tomorrow!! I'm going to add my grandmother's diary to my writings. It will be fun to get a glimpse of life in 1917.

Pastor P. talked yesterday about how we are given one day at a time. We can't do anything about yesterday and tomorrow isn't here. God gives us one day at a time to live - we really can't handle more than that. That's a good way to start a new year - one day at a time.

No comments: