Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A New Year

Monday, January 1, 1917:
New Years Day began at 12 midnight with Paul - instituted an annual event.
Scolding this morning for setting up so late. Bought new woolen socks.
I am hoping this year may be as wonderful as last. I wish it may.
Grade cards made out - ready for school tomorrow.

Tuesday, January 2, 1917:
School - felt A1 all day.
Paul came down and went to Geddis's party for Vivian. Had splendid time but I left Paul at home and came home with Bill and Jack. I felt disappointed but I know it was foolish to expect him to walk in rain.

These are the first two excerpts from my grandmothers diary. I never knew her because she died after having a ceasaren (twins) when my mother was 3 years old. The twins only weighed 1 1/2 lbs each but they lived. She wrote this diary the year before she married Grandpa Paul. She was a teacher and she was 24 years old. Bill and Jack were her brothers and they all came here from England when she was about 9 years old.

I wonder what she would think about the "internet" and "blogging"?? I wonder if she knows what a dynasty she started? My mother, 4 grandchildren, 11 great-grandchildren: 21 great-grandchildren, one great grandchild on the way: and I'm sure there are many more to come!

No comments: