Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dorothy's Diary: Jan. 22 - 26

Monday, Jan. 22, 1917:
Very slippery and icy. Bought new overshoes for best shoes.
Good day in school. Bought some oysters and plates and fell down on Main St. with them.. Awful mess.
Went to teachers meeting for new class - horrid bore.

Tuesday, Jan. 23, 1917:
Still slippery - Willie told me Paul had his coat - wish I could see him in it.
Home early so rested awhile.
Paul and I at Gally Wags Minstrel Show. A delicious half hour in the dark after we came home.
Paul told of Vernas party to be onThursday night.

Wednesday, Jan. 24, 1917:
Fell awfully tired and sleepy all day. Mr. Farrar at store noticed my ring. Paul took some repairs to store and ordered some bridles.
Sewed crotched yoke on to nightgown. Went to bed early.

Thursday, Jan. 25, 1917:
Cold - started dialogues for program.
O I wish school was out - I am getting disgusted with it. I went to party at Verna's. She announced her wedding. Paul came for me - snowed & he had to walk home. Horribly tired and worn. I wish Paul & I could have a quiet evening at home.

Friday, Jan. 26, 1917:
Still awfully tired, my eyes are stiff. Trolley on car broke so was late getting to school.
Got telephone in.
P. called & asked to meet me after teachers meeting.
Horribly tired.26

1 comment:

Luke and Valerie said...

"A delicious half hour in the dark after we came home."
Ahhh, young love.;)
This quote, and when she earlier said,
"O Paul if only I can live up to your ideals for no other has such."
are my favorite lines so far.