Friday, January 4, 2008

Thursday, January 4, 1917

Drove to school with Marion and U.G. Blue day for me
Gladys and Vivian over after school this evening.
Gladys and Mildred say that L's disapprove of our going to G's party.
Paul called when I had gone to bed. I am longing for a quiet evening with him.
Boys took load to new house.

Friday, January 5, 1917:
Dary rainy morning.
Gave Willie subscription to "Youth's Companion."
Teacher meeting.
Paul met me. Had to stay in dining room because our stove disconnected. Asked me if I wanted to teach next year after telling him of exam tomorrow.

Saturday, January 6, 1917:
Teachers Exam Business College
Mrs. Saiters for organizing guild.
Did not go to either of above. But went to house to varnish floors and cleaned up.
Drew check and paid debts. Ordered Paddocks van for Monday.
Grace promised to teach for me on Monday.

----------------------

I am so intrigued by this diary. I love getting a glimse into life so many years ago. I really think she would be glad that we (my sisters & I) want to know her better. My mother was ornery when she was little and very beautiful and I know that she always missed her mother and missed having a relationship with her. I think that is why she was always close with us and I wonder what parts of mom were from her mother. Mom said that they always told her that her mother had beautiful hair. It was very long and thick and she wore it up on top of her head all the time and suffered from alot of headaches. Mom always thought that the headaches were from the hair? Interesting fact: my daughter has very very thick hair and she has said that it gets very heavy when it's long.

Now -- on to my "Ta-Dah" list. I usually start out with a To-Do list but this year I'm making it my Ta-Dah list. Paster P. preached in his sermons all through Christmas that we :
1. Forgivable
2. Loveable
3. Valuable
4. Acceptable and
5. Capable

Sometimes I forget that I am capable of:
1.Being organized (Getting started 30 minutes earlier in the morning would help alot!)
2.Sticking to my exercise programs and diets. ( I love going to Curves and I love going to the Y for the swimming classes - so DO IT!)
3.Remembering to be thoughtful of others (getting cards set, remembering birthdays, helping out, volunteering)
4. Being a disciple - which means being disciplined!!!

I think those 4 catagories are pretty much it. Now to break those down into what I want to do.
That's the next blog and the next.....

No comments: