Friday, January 18, 2008

Dorothy's Diary: Jan. 17 - 21, 1917

Wed. January 17, 1917:
Edna Mitchell married Monday - astounding everybody. Nothing special today just the usual round of lessons. Had hair wash at Letts. Ironed white dress and skirts ready for dance tomorrow. Mr. Thomas came after supper and fixed bathroom stove. Snowing again tonight but not as cold.
Father is sick and ought to be in bed.

Thurs. January 18, 1917:
Windy and snowy again. Rather strenuous day. Preparing for exams. Paul came in sleigh went to R.P.dance. Enjoyed every minute and I think he did too. He asked me if I wanted to go to a wedding - Verna's. I don't know yet if I will go.

Friday, January 19, 1917:
No exams at school. Herstand told me I missed teachers meeting last night. Well, I wouldn't have missed the dance anyhow.
Paul gone to Ednas belling tonight but he did not ask me to go. Going to bed real early to make up for loss of last night.

Saturday, January 20, 1917:
Bright sunny day but thawing. Varnished moulding this morning. Went to town and bought some cambrie for nightgown.
Paul left robe in store and I waited till 5:30 but he had not come. He did not call so I feel horribly disappointed. Such is life - full of pleasures and disappointments.
Minister called this afternoon.

Sunday, January 21, 1917:
Snow rain - hail & again rain.
Took good splash but did not get to church. Helped dad cut up 1/4 beef.
Did nothing hardly all day
Paul came about 6-30
Went over exam questions. Quiet evening at home.

No comments: