Thursday, February 7, 2008

What a Week......

I can't believe that it's been two weeks since my last blog. Life takes some strange turns sometimes and it knocks you on your butt and leaves you just sitting there!

A week ago a close friend of ours (who is also a neighbor and someone we do business with) had a son that committed suicide. This young man was 22 and on the dean's list at college. He planned it out very carefully, it was not a spur of the moment decision. I felt so emotionally drained at the end of last week, going from total shock to being really mad at him for doing this to his mother and father to just hurting. Hurting for the loss of a life that had so much potential and hurting for friends that have lost a child. I don't think that hurt would ever go away.

I also went to a "Soup Swap" last week. That was fun! I came home with bean soup, chicken noodle soup, veg. soup, super duper chili, Italian tortalinni soup, and corn-sausage-potatoe chowder. Wow - I'm souped out! What a fun way to spend a cold winter evening! With good friends and relatives and food!

I also updated the "Family Weekend" blog today. I put info on about the Samaritan's Purse idea that we want to do and about our family church service for that weekend. Choir practices will sure to be starting soon! I haven't brought up the tri-athalon idea yet!

Next post will be back to the life and sexy times of D. Guy!
C.

No comments: