Wednesday, February 27, 2008

And later that week........

Friday, February 16, 1917:
Stopped at Ishanens & bought card & valentine book & sent to Paul. Worried all day. He called at night to thank me & said he was coming tomorrow night.
Stayed at home this evening sewing pillow slips.

Saturday, February 17, 1917:
A happy day looking forward to his coming.
Sewing this morning. Had hair washed this afternoon.
Made some fudge for Paul. He did not feel well & so things were not quite so harmonious as they might be.

Sunday, February 18, 1917:
Went to church this morning. Took flowers to Mr. Welch this afternoon. Mamma went over to Aunties. After supper Paul & I went to see her. Had an ideal evening - he telling me of the book I gave him.

Monday, Feb. 19, 1917:
Rainy day - feel tired. O this program is driving me crazy. Teachers meeting tonight - debate on advantages & disadvantages of farm life.

Tuesday, Feb. 20, 1917:
Most strenuous day at achool - don't know whether those girls are going to show up or not.
Finished reading "When a man's a man"
Paul did not call tonight. O why must I worry so?

Wed., Feb 21, 1917:
Woke early this morning - could not sleep for worrying over program.
Saw Paul & rest going to Verna's wedding. I hope they will be happy.
Paul came down tonight but I was horribly blue & cried over my worries.

Thurs. Feb 22, 1917:
At school decorating for Washington's Birthday.
Paul came over to bring magazine.
At Ellen Duths for dinner & her aunts for supper.
Feel tired & worn.

Friday, Feb. 23, 1917:
Ready for program but girls backed out. Mr. Spencer & Lippencolt spoke & everything went off
well.
Paul took me home but did not stay long.

Sat., Feb. 24, 1917:
Feel tired & lazy. Crotcheted and sewed.
Went down town this afternoon. Paul called this evening. Gladys invited me to dinner for tomorrow.

Sunday, Feb. 25, 1917:
Went to Sunday School with Gladys.
Dale had to ask Mildred too but I wish she had not been there. Stayed for dinner & then Paul & I came home. Did not feel well.

Monday, Feb. 26, 1917:
Warm day like spring. Felt horribly tired. 2 new scholars at school.
Did not go to teachers meeting. Paul called. Also Mildred to ask about what I had told Gladys on sunday. Such gossip - makes me feel disgusted at times.

Tues., Feb. 27, 1917:
Fairly good day at school. At Mrs. Snyders for supper & took spoon to new baby.
Paul called & then came after me. Spent quiet evening at home.

No comments: