Thursday, November 1, 2007

Remembering Mama

I guess I don't know what direction I want this blog to take. I just know I want to record my thoughts and feelings. I want to remember my mom. She just passed away last week at the beautiful age of 88. She was sick in bed for three weeks. She asked for two things when she found out that she had stage 4 cancer of the liver, spleen, and bones. She asked that she not have any pain and that she not die alone. So, we (my brother and sisters) got some help from hospice, got her some morphine, and didn't leave her side. We laughed, cried, held hands, prayed, fed her, bathed her and loved her right into heaven.

My mom loved: Mom didn't like:
Her family White meat chicken
Her church Potatoe pancakes
the color pink
tap dancers and nurses (she always
wanted one of her kids to do tap
dance or be a nurse - none of us did)


I will keep adding this list - thoughts keep coming to me in the middle of the night and countless times of the day.

1 comment:

Senior Bowler-Carolyn said...

Charley,

So sorry t hear about your Mother. Please see my blog with Everybody called her Bill. My Mom too is getting older (82) and although she does not have cancer..we are loosing her each day. Remembering is a wonderful way of not loosing all that was special about her. I know she was special becuase she has a son that does not dweel om the bad but choses to remember the good. In my prayers.