Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm Back.......

It has been a long time since my last blog - not much has happened......
except the economy, new President, new family members, etc...

I have so many ideas running around in what brain space I have. It's had to get organized and get them down. I read some other blogs and some are inspirational, some are funny, some are depressing and I joined Face Book - which I can't see me ever using it to it's potential. But - there are definitly more things I want to do other than my Grandmothers Journal. Like...
Grandma's Journal - maybe 2 days a week.
President O : thoughts and worries
Recipes
Diet : Operation Dumbo Drop (borrowing the phrase from L.)
Baby #55 - family
Discipline - Disciple
Robbery!
Laundry
Goats

Grandma's journal - I want to finish with this and I would also like to copy it and make it into a scrape-book type thing for any of my sisters that would like a copy. So- I'm thinking that on Monday and Wednesda's will be journal days!

We last left Dorothy in April of 1917:

Friday, April 13, 1917:
Cold. Examinations at school. Arbor Day. Planted two trees. Paul called and said he would not come. Feeling horribly blue and heartsick. Went to bed early.

Saturday, April 14, 1917:
Down at store this morning. Washed and took bath. Parul came with car & went to Marion to see "Tale of 2 Cities".
Brought mamma & dad home. Then drove north for we had no time for talk and both of us were feeling worried.

Sunday, April 15, 1917:
Beautiful day. Went to church. Read this afternoon. Paul came and brought a box of candy. Had delightful evening but saddened by thought of his going to war.
God please keep us out of it.

Monday, April 16, 1917:
Teachers meeting

Tuesday, April 17, 1917:
Beautiful day but tiring. Hard work at school this week. Called Mildred. Corrected exam papers. Paul called and was in a hurry. Went to bed about 9-15 and just lay down when he tooted horn and I dressed and went down till 10-30. Nobody knew anything of it.

Wed., April 18, 1917:
Beautiful morning. Hot. Got awfully tired. Mamma not feeling well. Paul came early with car. Went to Robbins. Then to Mildred's program. Enjoyed myself.

Thursday, April 19, 1917:
Sowed grass seed at school. Met Paul along pike. Hot and looks rainy. No teachers meeting. Paul called and said he would be down tomorrow.

Friday, April 20, 1917;
School out for 2 days to make up. Tired and worn. Paul came, also tired but had delightful evening.

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

SO happy to see you back & looking forward to all those new posts planned. :)