Thursday, January 22, 2009

In My Opinion...

My sisters and I have joked alot about having our own talk radio show. How nice would it be to have 2 or 3 hours to just give our opinion on everything from politics to movies! I mean - we are right most of the time! While my one sister is very diplomatic and one is very direct - I would probably be the Mark Levin type and tell people to SHUT-UP !
Anyway - this week has been a very historic week in our nation's history. We have elected the first Africian-American President and even if you didn't vote for him - and I didn't - it is amazing how far our nation has come! There were close to 2 million people in Washington DC to be part of this great historical time. I heard yesterday on the news that there was not one arrest made - and that if true is impressive! There was also more money spent on this innaguration then any other in history. G.W spent about 45-50 million four years ago and was raked over the coals for spending so much but OB has spent 150 million and it's ok!!!
But now on to the important things - Michelle O's fashion - or lack there of!
Her "lemon-grass" brocade dress and coat looked like my mother's drapes from 1970! I also would have opted for a coat with BUTTONS since it was 20 degrees outside!
My sister thought her white evening gown looked like a chenille bedspread! I thought it was too long - she was constantly moving it out of her way and picking it up to walk.
I am sure that both of these outfits looked better in real life - and while they were better that alot of dresses that I have seen First Ladies wear - she needs help!

Last thoughts:
Thank you to President Bush. Thank you for keeping us safe since 911. Thank you for having broad shoulders that have had to carry alot the past 8 years. Thank you for being part of a very exclusive club that only has 44 members and being a member with dignity. I hope that you got on that plane that took you home to Texas and opened a big bottle of champaign and kicked off your shoes and said Hoo! Hoo! I'm done!!! You and your family deserve a long rest!

To President Obama:
Quit comparing yourself to Abraham Lincoln - you are not! But please have the wisdom to look back at our history and see what our true values are what our country has been based on for over 200 years. I pray that the doubts I have will be erased and you will be remembered in history as a fair and honest man. Good Luck.

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I love your thank you to President Bush. Well said!

Luke and Valerie said...

Good to see you blogging again!